Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Sledding

I have been waiting to post for a while because we got a new computer (it's a Mac and I love it!) and I have not been able to transfer all the pictures from my laptop I have been using for the last 2 1/2 years, to the new computer. I wanted to post all the pictures from our fun new years in Cedar City with Tyson's family, but I'm tired of looking at the same post every time I go to our blog, so I'm going to do them out of order.

On Martin Luther King day, we had a pretty good storm here in Draper, so we FINALLY took the kids sledding. We went to a park not too far from our house with a small to moderate hill (for the little kids). It was going rather smooth in the beginning. I sat in the car feeding baby Cooper with some friends, and the husbands were out helping the kids on the hill. I want to point out that I have been the one all winter wanting to take the kids sledding because I actually like to sled myself! Somehow, each time we think we're going to do it, something more important (on Tyson's list) comes up? So, when we finally make our move and follow through, I get banished to the car with the baby! What is that? Turns out, it wasn't a bad gig after all, because when Tyson was peer pressured into actually going down the hill instead of pushing everyone else, he managed to go off a jump and dislocate and break his coccyx (or tailbone, but coccyx is more fun to say)! The poor guy has been in some serious pain ever since. He even gets to carry around a very attractive, red plaid doughnut to sit on. I have a feeling Ty will be hanging out with Cooper in the car next time. I don't know that he'll be celebrating Martin Luther King anymore either? He He! But, the kids had a blast despite the frigid temps and we got some cute pictures out of it too.

4 comments:

Kimberly said...

That looks like so much fun...I want to go!

Darci said...

Such great pictures......I heard about Ty's tailbone, it is so awful. I have done it before and it is pure misery!!!

It's about time you put up a new post!!!! Where are my comments on my blog????

Jami Stevenson said...

I am laughing so hard! Of course that would happen to Tyson, I love the pics. Your kids are beautiful, I haven't seen them for a while they all look so grown up. I got your message...we will see you Sunday!

Better Together said...

Anji,

The pics are adorable. I'm so sorry about Tyson and his tailbone!!! In answer to your question on my blog--the background paper was something Darci found for me and she posted it on my blog for me. Hopefully I'll have her teach me soon, but till then ask her how-she has found a great spot to get them free. Lots of love!!!