Monday, November 10, 2008

Halloween '08

We had a lot of fun this year on Halloween. The kids are off track over Halloween, but we got up early and got everyone ready to walk in the school parade anyway. What is Halloween without a school parade in your costume? After all that work, for a 10 min parade, we went to McDonalds for breakfast. So yummy! Nothing like a bacon, egg & cheese biscuit after a chaotic morning to sooth the nerves!

Dad showed up from work early, complete with paint brushes, paints and newspaper to carve the pumpkins. Does that sound just plain wrong to anyone else? "Carve", last time I looked, does not mean "to paint"? But that is what we did. We painted our pumpkins this year. What a lazy way to keep up tradition!! You know that saying "pick your battles"? This was one I picked to NOT battle. And really, the painted pumpkins didn't turn out as bad as I thought they would. We might actually mix in a paint party every few years. Who knows?




That night, we got all suited up...again. I even busted out an old witch hat to show some spirit and we headed out in the rain. This was the first year in a long time I went out with the family to trick-or-treat. It was so fun! Tyson, Cooper and I rode in the Rhino, and the kids jumped in and out when they wanted to take a break. We made it to a lot more houses that way, and we were sheltered from the rain. Sort of.

Football player

Woopie Cushion. (don't ask?)

Vampire girl

Minnie Mouse

Bat baby


After we had enough of that, we packed everyone up in the car and drove over to meet Travis and Rebecca (Ty's bro) at their house. Deron Williams (Utah Jazz point guard) lives close by and the kids wanted to trick-or-treat their house to get an up close glimpse of him. Unfortunately, he wasn't the one who answered. Dang. I guess that means we now have to go caroling there too?

5 comments:

Darci said...

I love all the costumes, especially the woppie cushion, did McKenna think of that herself????

I can't believe how much Cooper looks like the Tyson! Finally a child that looks like our side of the fam. hehe.

Kimberly said...

I don't know what is messier, painting pumpkins or carving them, but I think is sounds like a fun trade-off to tradition!

Cute, cute costumes! I've never seen a whoopie cushion costume! Where the heck did you find that? That is so funny!

Kate said...

Hey I had a Minnie Mouse for Halloween too! The woopie cushion is hysterical.

Heidi said...

Cute costumes, Love the whoopi cushion, LOL!

Heidi said...

Me again, I actually don't think I have your new email address. Let me know what it is and I will send you an invite! Hope you guys are doing well. Seeya soon!
Heidi