Monday, November 24, 2008

One year!


OMG! My baby is one!  Cooper officially turned one on November 3rd, and I can't believe how old I am getting! Wait, this isn't about me. I can't believe how old he is already!  We celebrated/mourned with some family at our house for the occasion.  We had my mom's famous homemade chicken noodle soup, which I made this time, in some yummy bread bowls. My very talented sis-in-law made Cooper two, yes two, fabulous cakes! One was for Cooper to dive head first into, and the other was for the rest of us to dive head first into...which we all did! Cooper was so funny with his cake.  We have tried the traditional let-the-baby-go-to-town-on-a-cake-trick with each of our kids, but I gotta say Cooper "took the cake" Ha!  He was so funny with it and all the cousins, sitting around the table screaming every time he did anything remotely funny, made it even better!



Cooper's one year facts:
He is not quite walking yet, but is so close. 
He has four teeth, two up and two down. 
He is totally potty trained.
He loves to talk on/eat anyones cell phone.
His favorite babysitter is Makenna.
His favorite parent is Mom.
He doesn't speak much english yet, but he signs really well in spanish.
His favorite place to swim...toilets.

Seriously though, he has been a tremedous blessing to our family and everyone really loves him!  He has been the best baby to end with.  Not too hard..so its fun and we love him, but not too easy..so we aren't dying for another. (just yet anyway) I love his curly hair and his sweet smile, but most of all I love that he loves me! Not everyone around here does, so that's nice to have for the moment. Plus it helps that he's my twin if we were the same age.  Which really we're not THAT far apart?





4 comments:

Darci said...

Now that he is older he doesn't look like Tyson as much. He is so cute, love the picture of him with a huge chunk of the cake going for his mouth. Now that he is older he looks a lot like McKenna, at least in the pictures he does since I haven't seen him in person.

Kimberly said...

Has it really been a year? Where does time go? It seems like I just blinked and he was born! I told Devon the other day, I'm no spring chick anymore...isn't that awful...I thought I would be 20 forever! Anyway, your sis-in-law is seriously talented...that cake looks too pretty to eat, but awesome! AND, Cooper is a cutie-pie! I think he looks like McKay.

Heidi said...

One! Wow, where does the time go? I think the OMG is ok I know what you meant. Love the cakes, does she take orders? It was good to see you tonight, the movie was fabulous!

Lesa Ward said...

What a cutie and I love Coop!! He is so sweet and I am dying that he is one year old! Goes by too fast!! I miss you guys!! It has been a little too long!! Let's go and play!!