Saturday, March 1, 2008

New Years Eve in Cedar City

So, as you can tell by the title, I'm backing up a little. I just picked up my computer from the Apple Store yesterday, where I finally had all my pictures transferred from my old computer to the new one. So I can now tell you (and show you) about the fun few days we had over New Years Eve in Cedar City with Tyson's family. We also blessed Cooper while we were there since most of Tyson's family was coming for the weekend.

It's been a while, so I'm trying to remember all the details. We exchanged Christmas gifts the first night. Helen made every member of the family an apron with some sort of saying on it about our cooking skills. Example: Tyson's said "BBQ Boss", which isn't really true but I think Helen was going for "in an ideal world" theme? Tyson told everyone my apron said "still trying to find the kitchen". He thought that was really funny! Somehow I failed to see the humor in it.




Coopers blessing went great. Tyson did an amazing job as always, and once again he did not disappoint when it came to crying his way through. It's not very manly, but it's sweet and I love that about him. Cooper was perfect all the way through and looked so cute in his borrowed blessing outfit. I have some guilt over the "borrowed outfit" part of the weekend so I'm not going to get into that.

New Years eve proved to have both some highlights, and low lights. (Who knew a little game of Texas hold 'em and red/green M&Ms could create such havoc?) I'll stick with the highlight part of the story and say that the food was so yummy and the games were fun. But the company was what made the whole weekend a great memory! We really wish the DowDell family was not so spread out so we could do this more often. The kids loved every minute, and it was so fun for Tyson and I to "hang" with his sibling again.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I just looked over all the family blogs, and really, really enjoyed yours with all the fun pictures, you are getting very accomplished. Of course I'm a bit prejudice, but you have one beautiful family!!

Melanie said...

So what did your apron say?

Darci said...

I love all the pictures that you finally put up!!! You will love your apple I have had mine for almost 4 years and we love it.

Kimberly said...

I heard about that Texas hold 'em game from Dawn...oh, brother! I'm glad the rest of the trip was fun and the pictures were so cute! I especially loved the little comments at the bottom of each pic. I think you're right, I don't know if I've ever seen Del hold a baby (j/k). Too bad we missed it--looks like it was a lot of fun!

Darci said...

I don't know what you guys are talking about....Dad has always held Gwenie every time we see him he picks her up.

Kimberly said...

O.K. Anji, it's time to update the blog...I'm dying to see pictures of Cooper...he must be getting so big! Love ya!

Jacquie said...

I was googling you the other day and found this added bonus. I am so happy to see that you are doing so well. Congratulations on the baby etc. What a beautiful family you have!